A Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ) is required for this class. Please click here to complete and print a PARQ and bring it to your first class. A PARQ is required once per year per instructor.
The muscles in the core of the body (back and abs) are the target of this workout. Body weight, weights, bands, standing, sitting, moving …. we will cover the spectrum. The idea of the class is to increase strength and back health. We will also explore the myths and realities of 6 packs, killer abs, function and back pain. Participants should be healthy enough for exercise, and if experiencing any pre-existing back pain, should specifically be cleared for exercise by their doctor or physiotherapist.
No class on Thursday, April 20 and May 11 & 18
For classes held in St. Angela school gym, enter the school through the doors off the parking lot to the side of the school. Please note that the doors of the school will be locked 15 minutes after the start of the last rental time of the evening only. If the doors are locked and you need to get into the gym, you can knock on the door that leads directly into the gym (far corner of the gym) and someone may hear you to let you in.
Please note the following:
- There is an area for handicapped parking in front of the school so watch for signs.
- Parking is available beside the school.
- Do not bring glass water bottles to class.
- Do not wear black soled shoes in gym.
- Remove all outside footwear just inside school entrance.
- For insurance and safety reasons, please do not bring your children to class (see Class Policies for more information).